Monday, February 1, 2016

Wendy Swan Memorial Park (aka Northcliffe)



 Location:4601 Cherry Tree Dr, Schertz, TX 78108

Amenities: pool, playground, restroom,

Ground cover: gravel

Here's another set of pictures that has been sitting on my phone for a long, long time.  In fact, so long that the details of the park have gotten a little fuzzy.  That could also be because we were only there for about ten minutes due to the fact that it was super hot and I was super pregnant.  Not a great combination.  There is also NO shade at this park and the equipment was too hot to touch.  I had a really disappointed kiddo. 

Here is the pool.  It was not open while we were there.  I am unable to find a website listing its hours and pricing...sorry.  I'd link it if I could find it.  Maybe I'll find my way over there again sometime and investigate. 

There are bucket swings and sling swings. 

This structure would be good for toddlers.  It is on the small side, but I bet it would have been fun if that plastic hadn't been a thousand degrees on our visit.  There is a mound shaped structure to climb on in the background as well (also 1000 degrees...)

This structure was definitely for older kids.  The park is small but it's got something for everyone. 
We tried it out since the nylon webbing was just about the only thing that wouldn't burn her.  If your toddler/preschooler is a risk taker this web will be super fun (for them...possibly nervewracking for you).  Mine's not, so this is as far as she was willing to go. 







No comments:

Post a Comment